We are very sorry for your loss and hope that the damage to your home and family is minimal. The claims departments of each company are ready to help resolve your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible. To find your companies claims’ department’s phone number to file a claim, please click here for the claims contact numbers. If you have incurred a loss, the following steps should be taken to minimize additional losses:
- Find the claim number for your insurance company call to file a claim promptly. If you have any questions or concerns, we will be here as soon as possible to answer them.
- Take photos of the damage.
- Take whatever steps you can to prevent further damage including heavy plastic or tarps to stop leaks. Make sure it is safe to make the temporary repairs and you are not risking injury to yourself or your family and friends or risking further damage. Your claim representative can provide you with recommendations and advice for undertaking any repairs.
- Remember to keep all your receipts for any temporary repairs you make. Also retain receipts for living expenses as a result of the loss to your residence.
- While tempted to clean up as much as possible, especially after a hurricane, do not throw away household belongings such as furniture or any personal items until these items have been inspected by a representative.
In the event of a natural disaster or catastrophe, such as a hurricane, the number of claims being made by victims will be significant and everyone will be trying to call at the same time. You may experience delays in connecting with representatives. Please be patient and keep trying. Claims representatives will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at most companies.
If additional assistance is needed for a catastrophe claim please contact FEMA at (800) 621-3362.